PageDesign

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Nighstands on Sargent Street

That title is about as scary as I'm going to get this Halloween. Unless of course you want to see the before picture of our master bedroom.


Terrifying isn't it? 

In my husband's defense, when he built the house he did put carpet in our bedroom. But, after being a bachelor pad for 3 years with dogs...need I say more?  As soon as we were married I was itching to get rid of the carpet. One weekend, J decided to go on a camping trip and leave me at home all by myself. This is what happens when I get bored! I pulled up our carpet, and got those floors ready for some wood!

Fast forward to last Christmas...J told me he would build me new nightstands for our room that would complement our new bed a little better than the "whatever I had in the shed" nightstands we had been sporting.

I was so excited! I was going to be able to design nightstands and have exactly what I wanted! While I love finding vintage pieces and refinishing them, sometimes a vintage piece just doesn't cut it. We don't have a huge house, so our furniture really needs to be aesthetically pleasing and provide us with much needed storage. I designed two nightstands that I thought would look great with the direction I was going.

I didn't want matchy-matchy nightstands, but I did want to them to have some similar features. Here is what we came up with:




I am so proud of how well they turned out. I want our room to be sophisticated and calming, and I think these pieces are a perfect fit. (I apologize for the horrible pictures! My camera broke, so I had to use my phone to take these.)

I actually used Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint and wax on these pieces. Since we were painting raw wood, we went ahead and used a primer for the first coat. Then topped it off with ASCP Old White. On the mirrored door piece, I used ASCP Dark Wax all over. On the 3-drawer piece, you can see, I only used it around the drawer molding and the radius corners. I used ASCP Clear Wax on the rest of the piece.

I have a few more smaller projects to work on before the room is completely finished, but I am finally seeing it come together!

******************************************************************************

I posted new pictures of the night stands that are MUCH better quality than these. You can find them here. Thanks! 

******************************************************************************

We're linked!


http://missmustardseed.com/2013/11/furniture-feature-friday-favorites-link-party-14/


No comments:

Post a Comment