PageDesign

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Build-a-Bed

Master Bedroom Makeover

Our bedroom makeover has been a long process. Primarily because I keep changing my mind on what I want! We started off with a sleigh bed, and black and white bedding. Then I decided I didn't like the black and white after all.  Last year, we decided to swamp out the queen sized bed for a king. Good news was we had a king headboard laying in our garage I had picked up at our local thrift store. I pulled it out, refinished it, and we attached it to our wall. The only problem now was the bed frame. I HATE metal bed frames! So, my sweet long-suffering husband agreed to build me a bed! It's like build-a-bear for adults!

We had picked up some spindles at an antique store, and decided those would be the perfect legs for our new bed.


 This is the bed frame before we painted...


And head board and bed frame finished and installed...







Next, we'll be building new and much needed nightstands!

*********************************************************************************

We're Linked!

http://missmustardseed.com/2013/10/furniture-feature-friday-favorites-link-part/
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys did a great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job. hope you'll share the side tables when you do them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I added some new pictures of my nightstands today! You can find them here.

      Delete
  3. That is a beautifully designed bed. I love the way you used the headboard as a starting poing and made the base to coordinate. It is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! I loved the French headboard. It's so rare to find them in a King size too. I was thankful I had been lazy and hadn't refinished it and sold it to someone else! :)

      Delete