PageDesign

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My True Love Gave to Me a {Faux Barn}


One day, Jason came home and said that he wanted to build a shed in the backyard. He was tired of having all of my furniture taking up his garage space.  The only problem...money (of course!).  A few weeks later Jason came home to say they were remodeling a house at work and tearing down a barn style shed. They told him he could have it if he just hauled it off!

This is what he brought home...



If your first thought was, "Oh my! That is a barn style shed?" You would have been reading my mind. I was a little disappointed in the looks department, but it was functional and helped clear out space in the garage. Jason promised we would fix it up and make it pretty for me. (I'm sure he didn't use the word pretty. )

After almost a year of looking at that as the primary focal point in our backyard, we finally decided to paint. We decided on Sherwin William's Flower Pot Red. I don't remember the exact white we used for the trim.

***Paint Tip***  Home Depot's computer system has all of the Sherwin William's colors on file. If you don't live close to a Sherwin William's or just want to use a slightly cheaper paint, you can go to Home Depot, tell them the name of the color from SW, and they can mix it for you. You don't even have to have the number combinations or anything. Just the generic name!


We still need to add some landscaping around it, but I would say this is a drastic improvement in our backyard landscape! Wouldn't you agree?

I've been so focused on decorating the inside of the house, I've put doing anything to the outside off for a long time. Now that I have this awesome Faux Barn to work with, I can't wait to get started decorating the exterior of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment