PageDesign

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Thankful for....{November 6, 2009}


Here in Texas we only have two seasons: Hot and Cold. Why bother naming them actual seasons? However, when it dips below 80 degrees, and we start to pull out our scarves and sweaters, it reminds me of how much I adore Autumn. It's the reason I wanted to get married on this day 4 years ago. Everything seems so peaceful and calm.

Since today is our Anniversary, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite wedding pictures. 

We were married at our mentor couples' home on the lake at sunset. We only had our immediate families and a few close friends attend. We wanted it to be small and focused on the commitment we were making, not about throwing a party. It was important to us because we both believe that marriage is not about love or happiness, it's about committing to someone for life no matter what.

Now a few of my favorite moments from our wedding!


I told you I was from Texas!


 My mother was a little appalled at first that I was going to wear cowboy boots under my dress. But, I think they grew on her by the time the wedding rolled around.


Sist-ors! When we were little I used to pick her up like this to prove I was strong. She's about 6 inches taller than me!
 
This is my favorite one.

 


We heard recently that marriage isn't meant to make you happy; it's meant to make you holy. So today I am thankful for my wonderful husband who stands by my side in this crazy ride of marriage, life and starting a family of our own and continues to help make me holy.

I love you for sweeping me off my feet, being our provider, our spiritual leader and for the wonderful husband and amazing daddy you are. God chose the perfect man for this scattered brain, crazy girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment